Sunday, September 12, 2010

My favorites picks from New York Fashion week Spring 2011

So far my Favorite collection from Spring 2011 NEW YORK Fashion Week is Altuzarra, love his collection!! Spring collection of duchesse satin dresses and suits spliced with geometric strips of python and metallic leather, not to mention an impressively high level of workmanship. check my fav picks from his collecction

ALTUZARRA

Theyskens' Theory The look? Belgian, with lots of sharp, imaginative tailoring. Some pieces were lingerielike, dressed in prints based on Theyskens' own paintings; and there was a wide array of denim, from high-waisted flares to cornflower blue cropped jeans specially treated to look permanently wrinkled. My fav looks:





Malandrino Malandrino's Spring collection was an exercise in handcrafts. Leather macramé decorated the necklines of T-shirts and dresses, was patchworked onto a bomber vest, and snaked above the knees of gladiator sandals. Beads were stitched onto silk tops in medallions or embroidered all over fitted bolero jackets. And slinky, draped jumpsuits were made from colorful watercolor prints. Most of the looks were accessorized with talismanic necklaces strung from leather and hunks of quartz.





Nicole Miller, I will say I just like this two looks from her collection and really is just one look in different collor. The collection was modern and elegant.


Cristian Cota love this two looks. At their best, Cota's designs look easy but not unstructured. He is an excellent tailor, and when he trusts himself to let the clean lines shine, his skill at flattering the female form is obvious

Doo.RI  Chung has made a habit of sending out monochromatic collections. For Spring, she focused primarily on ivories and beiges, with touches of icy mint blue and buttercup. My fav pick frrom her collection:


Z Spoke by Zac Posen its his lower-priced line its runway debut. "This is fashion-tainment!" he said. "I wanted to create that dialogue with the bloggers and the fans."For Spring, Z Spoke has a decidedly young, cartoon-y, and slightly madcap sensibility, partly via illustrator Daisy de Villeneuve's kooky-chic prints of smiling fruit, and a Celia Birtwell-esque motif of multi-culti faces. I will say I just like one look of this collection. What you thinK?


Tracy Reese It is a fresh collection, very spring summer, very comercial, I just like this tow looks that are nothing new but are pretty.  The white dress has a beutiful back, simple but nice! I can see myself in one of these looks!! What you think?


I did like Rag & Bone, Derek Lam, and Carolina Herrera collection but I can't pick a look that I like. Weird don't you think?,

I did like Halston,Victoria Beckham and Zero + Maria Cornejo ,they are comercial collections, nothing new, but safe, I will say.

It doesn't look bad, but still I am not crazy about: Marc Jacobs, Carlos Miele, Thakoon, Timo Weiland,

I didn't like:

Alexander Wang

Wayne

Band of Outsiders

Charlotte Ronson

Cynthia Rowley

Edun

Gary Graham

Jill Stuart

Juan Carlos Obando

Lacoste

Ohne Titel

Philosophy

Prabal Gurung

Suno

Tess Giberson

United Bamboo

Vivienne Tam
 
BCBG Max Azria

Costello Tagliapietra

Frank Tell

Jason Wu

Julian Louie

Michael Angel

Peter Som

Ports 1961

Steven Alan

Barbara Tfank

Chris Benz

Donna Karan (very boring show, all looks the same)

Graeme Armour ( almost the same dress with small changes)

Monique Lhuillier (the same, the same, the same)

Rad Hourani (matrix???)

Reem Acra ( nothing new)

Wes Godon

Custo Barcelona

Rebecca Taylor

Diane Von Fustemberg

Lela Rose

Erin Fetherston

Max Azria

Rebecca Minkoff

Tommy Hilfiger

VPL


Trias

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts