Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mask of the Day {POP Peacock}

For todays mask I decided to add a pop of color! I'm also testing out and reviewing the POP cosmetics products I received as gratis when they sponsored my kit for a Two Point Oh LA and California Market Center look book shoot I did a few weeks ago (post seen here).

I had to go to work a shoot so I didn't want to make it TOO colorful. So I kept the eyes neutral and cheeks peachy, and just added some turquoise liner to the lower lashes. Fresh and summery.

As far as the POP products go, I was pleasantly impressed. The shadows are highly pigmented and last the day. Their Goddess clutches come in 3 different color palettes with 8 different shadows, a blush, highlighter and gloss. However, to my surprise, the products I was most impressed with were the basic use products (primer, concealor and mascara). They carry 2 different primers. One for the smokey eye look (the smokey eye magnet) and on for everyday in a nude color (eye magnet in airbrushed). They blended beautifully in the eye lids and weren't drying, and they help the shadows stay in place all day.

Next was the No-show concealor. While I wish they had a wider range in their color scheme (they carry 3 colors - No. One, for lighter skin, No. Two, for medium tones, and No. Three for darker tones), the concealors definitely did their job well. However for really dark skin, the No. Three was still too light which is my only complaint. As far as the product itself, it comes with 2 ends. On the one end is the stick concealor. It blended very well and gave excellent coverage. I also noticed it had a tiny bit of shimmer to it which was great for deflecting light in the under eye area. The other end contained a liquid highlight with a sponge tipped applicator. I really have been enjoying using this in the inner eye corner and under eye area to bring light to my dark circles!!!!! I have also been using it in the browbone and cheekbones as a highlight. As far and using the 2 products together (mainly in the under eye area) I feel the over all look is too shimmery in person (especially in the day time) as both products contain some shimmer (though for photographs they look great together) so, for me, I use the stick portion for any skin covering (blemishes, veins, redness, ect.) and the liquid portion for the inner corners of the eye and under eye area and use my normal concealor (MAC pro-longwear concealor) on top. Makes my dark circles vanish!

Lastly is the Smokey Lash Kapow mascara. I'm ALWAYS trying new mascaras. Its my favorite product. This mascara was AMAZING to work with! It didn't clump. Wasn't drying (I was able to use one disposable wand applicator at the shoot on both eyes, top and bottom, and didn't run out of product which is AWESOME! Saves me money for sure!) and it made the lashes long, dark AND held the curl! Just lovely. I DEFINITELY recommend this!

All in all a GREAT product line! Get yours here at http://www.popbeauty.co.uk/.







Products Used:

Face:
MAC Strobe Cream with MAC Studio Finish Tinted Moisturizer in Medium Dark, POP No-Show concealor in One (used highlighter side) w/ MAC Prolongwear concealor in NW15, Neutrogena Loose powder in Medium, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep as Bronzer

Cheeks:
Coral color in POP Goddess clutch in 24K. This is VERY sheer, however it does show up more so in person than it does in the picture

Eyes:
Primer -POP Eye Magnet Primer in Airbrushed
POP Goddess clutch in 24K
Lid and crease - Used the bronze color in palette. 
Outer 3/4 - Used the dark brown in this palette
Browbone - Used lightest color in pallete
Liner - Chanel liner in Jade (lower lashline and waterline)
Mascara - L'oreal Lashout with POP Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara

Lips:
I used the gloss in the Goddess clutch in 24K

















Stay Tuned!

XOXO



















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts