Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Trip - Part One (DC in a nutshell)

I started my week excursion in Washington DC. AMAZING! I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was definitely my favorite part of the trip! The city itself is just beautiful. And the architecture was a site to see. I do have to say everyone (especially if you LIVE in the US) needs to make the treck out there! It would be a shame to never see it. It is so rich with history, between the museums, monuments and historical sites, it can give you goose bumps! And Georgetown!! Ugh! I want to live there! Its so adorably cute!!!! All the brick and cobblestone. I felt like I was in Disneyland... but in a non theme park touristy way. And the shopping was divine! Not that I got to partake in it this trip.... but for the future, now I know.

First stop was the Natural History Museum. I LOVE dinosaurs! So my one request was that I see the dinosaur bones. Stegosaurus is my favorite.






Next was all the monuments. Washington monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam and World War II Memorial, and even George Washington's house!!!

















As you can see, my uniform for the trip was cargos, lace-up boots, and a sweater with jacket. It was REALLY cold in DC! At least for me anyways. 

I can't wait to go back and visit!

Stay Tuned!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts